Awards and Recognitions
Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi have been recognized and received numerous awards and accolades in recognition of her work for humanity and improving the human condition.
- Twice nominated for Noble Peace prize.
- Romania, 1995, Awarded PhD in Cognitive Science from the Ecological University of Bucarest.
- China, 1995, Official guest speaker at the Women’s Conference in Beijing as a guest of the Chinese Government.
- Brazil, 1994, Presented with the key to the City of Brasilia following official sponsorship of the series of Sahaja Yoga programs in the country.
- St. Petersburg, USSR, 1993, Invited to inaugurate the now annual International Conference on Medicine and Self-Knowledge.
- Moscow, 1989, Government sponsorship of Sahaja Yoga research granted after meeting between Shri Mataji and the Russian Minister of Health at that time.
- Italy, 1989, Named Personality of the Year by the Italian Government.
- New York, 1989-1994: Invited by the United Nations Sahaja Yoga Organization for four consecutive years to speak on ways to achieve world peace.
- Greeted by the mayors of several cities in North America: Yonkers, NY, 1994 & 1996, Los Angeles, 1993 and 1994, British Columbia, 1994, Cincinnati 1992, Philadelphia 1993, Berkeley, 1997
- 105th Congress, 1997 and 106th Congress, 2000: Honorarium read into Congressional Record by Congressman Eliot Engle commending Shri Mataji for her dedicated and tirelesswork for humanity.
- “Shri Mataji’s discovery brings genuine hope to humanity.” Claes Nobel, (grandnewphew of Alfred Nobel, Nobel Peace Prize Foundation) Chairman of the United Earth Organization.