1. Inner energy
“The Journey begins with unlocking our inner energy”
- Inner energy known as kundalini is the power of pure desire within us, a motherly and soothing inner energy which lies dormant at the base of spine in the sacrum bone (The ancient Greeks knew that in the bone resides a sacred energy).
- The energy is raised through all the Energy Centers, opening, clearing and activating them along the central channel.
- After the energy has combined in the final Energy Center at the crown of the head, it is released through the fontanelle area of the head.
- At that time, you can actually “feel the energy within,” in the form of a cool, or sometimes warm, breeze, on the palm of your hand and top of your head.
- Movement of this inner energy is spiral, interestingly, as we know galaxy and DNA movement is spiral.
You can try now to experience the inner energy yourself with around 4 minutes of simple activity – Click Here.
Weekly classes are free of charge. Click Here for classes information.
2. Three channels of energy
“If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.”
The Left Channel – Ida Nadi
The Left Channel is Ida Nadi (the moon channel). It gives us the power of our emotions. Its pure state represents the qualities of deep joy, pure love, compassion, music and art. It is the more feminine side of mankind but exists equally in men and women.
However, human beings are prone to left side problems such as emotional attachments, depression, low self-esteem and feelings of guilt, lethargy, ritualism, bad habits and despair.
The Right Channel – Pingala Nadi
The Right Channel is Pingala Nadi (the sun channel). It gives us the power of our rational mind, our physical being, learning and the strength to overcome problems through our endeavors.
However, human beings are prone to right side problems such as egoistic behavior (selfishness), arrogance, pride, anger (violence), hatred. This is the more masculine side of men and women.
The Central Channel – Sushumna Nadi
The Central Channel, Sushumna Nadi, is the balance of the other two channels. Daily meditation, as described on this website, leads to a cooling of the sun channel and a warming of the moon channel, which restores the inner balance of our emotional, mental and physical beings.
The human attention then stops swinging from left side and right side, from happiness to sadness, from activity to sloth, and remains always in the centre, always acting without acting, doing without doing, witnessing the dramas of our own lives.
The human body’s vital life forces are concentrated into subtle energy centers called Chakras. Chakras correspond to the autonomic nerve plexuses and are closely related to our vital organs on a physical level. Each chakra is designed to supervise and maintain the perfect operation of the health systems. In addition, these chakras also give us the qualities of personality such as diplomacy, compassion, wisdom and creativity on a subtle level.
Chakras means wheel in Sanskrit language because these life forces rotate clock-wise at certain frequencies. An understanding of the reasons which might disturb the balance of each chakra, is important for our well-being. Each thought and action influences the sensitiveness and performance of these energy centers.
Immediately after Self-Realization, these chakras are activated and initially begin the natural process of clearing the negative energy accumulated for years.
The benefits are almost immediate, small anxieties decrease and some joy and objectivity begins to manifest. The blocked chakras begin to rotate properly again. With the daily practice of Sahaja Yoga meditation techniques, even self-destructive activities like drug addiction, drinking, violence, anger & hate gradually are given up as a result of achieving balance of the energy channels and the chakras.
The state of the chakras on a subtle level reflects and influences a person’s physical, mental and emotional welfare. This is a dynamic relationship and the action at a subtle level on the chakra can improve and integrate all these aspects. That is why people who achieve and consolidate their Yoga invariably find that their physical, emotional and other problems gradually improve.
- First Energy Center – Corresponds to Pelvic Plexus
- Located under tail bone.
- Governs organs regulating reproduction, excretion and retention.
- Manifests subtle wisdom and innocence.
- Gives joy, balance and sense of direction in all aspects of life that we all are looking for.
- Second Energy Center – Corresponds to Aortic Plexus
- Located under lower abdomen area.
- Governs the function of kidneys, lower part of liver, spleen.
- Manifests pure attention, knowledge and creativity.
- Improves concentration, relaxes mind and connects to the inner source of inspiration and reality.
- Third Energy Center – Corresponds to Solar Plexus
- Located under belly button.
- Governs organs responsible for digestive system like stomach and upper part of liver.
- Manifests peace and satisfaction within.
- Helps to overcome materialism, and enhances contentment and generosity.
- Fourth Energy Center – Corresponds to Cardiac Plexus
- Located behind the sternum bone.
- Governs the function of heart and lungs.
- Manifests love and compassion.
- Removes all kinds of fear and fills with pure love of the spirit or true self.
- Fifth Energy Center – Corresponds to Cervical Plexus
- Located behind the collar bone.
- Governs the function of throat, ears, mouth, tongue, nose.
- Manifests harmony and collectivity.
- Enhances the understanding of unity and need of community.
- Sixth Energy Center – Corresponds to Optic Chiasm
- Located behind the forehead
- Governs the function of pineal/pituitary gland, eyesight, brain
- Manifests forgiveness and thoughtless awareness
- Dissolves anger and lets you forgive everybody including yourself, making the way for mental silence spontaneously.
- Seventh Energy Center – Corresponds to Limbic Area
- Located on top of the head
- Governs limbic area of brain
- Manifests integration and joy
- Enlightens the brain and integrates qualities of all centers, showering the inner bliss of new consciousness of reality